Reply To: Choosing drawing tablet

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Choosing drawing tablet Reply To: Choosing drawing tablet

Sapir Lapid
Participant

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Matthew – You pronounced my name correctly (Sapir is Hebrew word for Sapphire).

James – I actually thought of going for a cintiq alternative, checked on xp pen Artist16 (15.6″) which is cheaper. Huion Kamvas costs almost like the cintiq so I don’t care to add a little more and get a cintiq (or iPad that might cost the same with the Apple Pencil).

Marty – There are different options for the iPad pro storage and it can go up to 512GB. I actually don’t mind sending PSDs and images to my computer using emails or any other transfer app.
For the drawing apps there are ProCreate, SketchBook, Clip Studio Paint Ex, ArtRage, and even AstroPad to connect to a Mac computer like other tablets.

Currently I’m leaning more towards the iPad because of the good reviews about the drawing experience, and instead of getting just a drawing tablet I’ll get a stand alone tablet that can do many other things too.
I don’t have an Apple store nearby and the resellers here don’t put Apple Pencil on display to test so I’ll try it in a month when I go abroad.